I'm going to use this post as a mini-platform. I do so with great hesitancy. First of all, many of you are probably aware of what I am posting on. Secondly, I am very gun shy of band wagon religious movements (never was a huge fan of WWJD although I think it is an essential premise to base your life on). So, those of my two disclaimers.
Still.
As we enjoyed worship this morning, we were reminded of the fact that in China 100 million (at least, that is the estimate) fellow believers had to meet in secret for fear of persecution, imprisonment and possible death. That is an awful lot of our brothers and sisters in Christ who are denied the ability to freely express their faith. As the Olympics draw near, and as we all eagerly give up many free hours watching the games, matches and races, an organization, China Aid, is distributing wrist bands (much like the Live Strong bands) to remind us viewers to pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ. You can go online to get your free band (or, if you are a larger organization, you can order some in bulk) and use these next few weeks of sports overload to remember to pray for those who desperately need it.



2 comments:
great idea, alisa! we recently listened to a missionary about her experiences in china. so scary! but yet, their faith is so strong. a great reminder for how lucky we are for our freedom here. thanks for the post!
Thanks for posting this, Alisa. I had come across these bracelets the other day and got sidetracked. How fortunate I am to be able to be sidetracked.
Shannon Santos
Post a Comment