Today I discovered something funny, soda cans (or, as Kevin calls them, pop cans) left in the car trunk in below freezing temperatures react the same way. For those of you who never preformed this experiment at home as a child, let me tell you what happens -- or better yet, let me show you!
That brown stuff in the picture, looks grainy, that would be frozen Diet Dr. Pepper. The packages of soda are busted open, as the soda cans exploded. In all, 13 cans died due to freezing temperatures, making the "buy 2 get 3 free" sale slightly less appealing, more of a "buy 2 get almost 2 free."
Thus, my note to self: when you find a great sale and bring home more soda then you'll need, even if it is only 9 degrees outside, and you have a baby to keep warm and no extra help, DO NOT leave the soda in the trunk of the car. Bad things can happen.
Kevin would like me to add a previous misstep I did involving grocery shopping and items left in the trunk. Only this story involved 100+ degree temperatures and fresh fish. I think I'll leave it there....



6 comments:
Oh wow!! This is hilarious and not-so-funny at the same time! Yikes! How long did it take to clean up?? And I didn't realize you liked Diet DP that much!?!
I used to do it too! The trunk will smell like soda for quite awhile and i found the ones that didnt explode did't taste quite the same... What`a bummer! :(
I'm glad it was a buy 2 get 3. I was a little concerned about your pop intake.
Ha! Your stories always make me laugh and they remind me of my own blunders. I haven't done the trunk, but did put a bottle of champagne in the freezer to cool it more quickly and promptly forgot it was there. Gotta love the frozen, champagne doused freezer. (c:
I think that jeff did the same thing several years ago.
You are such heavy drinkers....love,m
Post a Comment