Hannah Quote of the Moment

"Do cats wear collars? Maybe they don't need collars because they won't run away because they are smart."

Abby Quote of the Moment

"I will be the mom. But who will be the dad? I think I will wear mom's wedding dress."

Friday, October 23, 2009

Preschool Pumpkin Patch

I don't claim to be doing these next few posts in any particular chronological order. I'm just trying to get them out there.


This is from Hannah's preschools pumpkin patch visit.
Don't they look like such great listeners? So attentive!

11 little pumpkins sitting in a row....


Is everyone looking?!

I really have been so pleased with Hannah's school year thus far. The kids in her class are delightful and she is making some good friends (like the girl at her side in the above picture). I was slightly worried about this because most of her good friends from last year went on to kindergarten, but it hasn't been an issue. She also has been doing more focused activities in preschool (well, focus is relative with that age group, but developmentally appropriate focused), with some emphasis on fine motor, which is an area where Hannah lags behind. They've also covered more letters and such thus far this year then they did in all of last year, which makes the teacher in me happy. At home I've been able to slack off on having Hannah do preschool prep stuff, knowing that she is getting it at school, with the exception of having her read every night from this great book set, Bob Books, which as someone who teaches reading, I think are fantastic. She loves reading and is showing great improvement. Being an obsessive bookworm, passing on a love of reading to Hannah, and seeing her read, is a great reward of this age.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I keep checking for Halloween pics . . .