Instead I thought I'd comment on a blessing I found while going through my pictures.
I don't think where we live is always the easiest. Our closes family is 6 hours away, with another chunk a good 3 hour plane ride away. We have no Target, no Starbucks and no YMCA to provide dance or gymnastic classes. I feel sometimes like we are an hour past the middle of nowhere.
But. But! We are blessed. We have a supportive church community that is so kind and understanding of not just Kevin, but the rest of us. We've got good friends who encourage and challenge us. And we've got teenagers. That is what we refer to them at our house--"the teenagers" (stopped calling them the big girls when Hannah said, "but I'm a big girl too!"). Pictured here are two of them, but there are more. These two young ladies in particular have had such a sweet impact on our girls. For two years now I've got evidence of our blessing. Above Katelynn walks with Abby around the Easter Egg hunt while Kaydi helps Hannah find just one more egg so that Hannah can have "enough." Below Katelynn and Hannah search through tulips for an egg while Kaydi does craft time with Abby.
These "teenagers" are such a blessing to both me and my girls. Every kid should have themselves a pair of teens!
Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised that Abby declared on Easter morning that when she was big, she "wanted to be an Easter girl!" When I asked what that meant, she explained that it was the big girls who hid the Easter eggs (and then helped Abby find them).



No comments:
Post a Comment