Kevin and his girls. I love the tie askew-- totally what it is like at the end of a VERY busy Sunday!
This sums up how Hannah felt about the whole morning!
I'll admit that we aren't the best parents of doing the whole Easter bunny things. We dyed eggs after church on Easter. The girls got their baskets of goodies at about 3 on Easter afternoon. We don't mean to not do the Easter Bunny (we've got no problem with the guy), but we just don't bother (or can't because of time). Still, I LOVE Easter. I love what it celebrates. What it means to our faith. I love that for our family, it really is all Jesus (with a smidgen of egg hunts and a dash of cute new spring dresses).



2 comments:
So I'm curious: Do your girls know that the the Easter bunny simply arrives in the afternoon at their house--or is the cat out of the bag on the EB? Tom was very sorry to have to head to church before he could watch our girls hunt for their baskets, but it never occurred to us to put it off until latre in the day.
Well, it isn't deliberate, but we don't really do the Easter Bunny. We haven't said it outright to the girls, but Hannah gets it and Abby was like, "who hid the eggs? Daddy or the Easter Bunny?" and Hannah said "Daddy." They didn't seem to care. But, we've always done it after church and never really talked about the Easter Bunny so... Honestly, although we totally do Santa (with a few misgivings on my part), I'm happy to have no Easter Bunny. It is really is all about Jesus with a bit of fun with hiding eggs. Easter makes me think that we should do Christmas different (although I don't think we will).
Post a Comment