Hannah Quote of the Moment

"Do cats wear collars? Maybe they don't need collars because they won't run away because they are smart."

Abby Quote of the Moment

"I will be the mom. But who will be the dad? I think I will wear mom's wedding dress."

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hannah*

Well, when the toddler commissioner wants to put Hannah in the Toddler Hall of Fame, any records she holds will be followed with an asterisk (*). She can no longer say that she is steroid free. Yesterday, during the day, she had a croup attack (you know, the barking cough that kids sometimes get at night). We had already talked to a nurse at her pediatric office once and got some good tips (we knew it was coming based on her voice - hoarse - and coughing), but when she woke up from her nap she was really struggling to breath. So... we went to see the doctor. The Dr. was mainly concerned because croup is a nighttime illness, so if Hannah was struggling during the day, night would be really bad. To head it off, Hannah was prescribed oral steroids, which worked pretty good -- last night she coughed a little bit, but never woke up or struggled to breath.


The long and the short of it is, just like Barry, Hannah is a user. Now we'll see if she can hit any home runs today!

The picture looks a bit fuzzy because of the steam in the bathroom (steam is a common cure for croup and the dr. had us do it before her bedtime). The steam also gave Hannah some wild curls! The picture cannot come close to showing how curly her hair got. You should also note just how sick Hannah looks -- yeah right! The girl feels fine, just can't breath!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope hannah gets better. I hate having a hard time breathing. I hope she gets better.

Jordan

Anonymous said...

Hi Alisa & Kevin,
Jordan sent me your blog address. Your daughters are beautiful, congratulations!

Since you asked, I think Hannah looks just like you. She has the same eyes you and Ed have. Abby looks a lot like Julie's baby pics. (Sorry, Kevin. I think the Lind genes will pop out later..)

Best wishes to you all,
Love, Joanne & kids

jennifer said...

Poor Hannah! I hope she starts to feel better soon!