Today I (Alisa) made a Christmas stocking for Abby. It was a long process, much like putting a puzzle together, but very meaningful. Last year I had gone shopping for some Christmas fabric for a door hanger (which I still haven't made-oops!) and while I was there I bought some extra holiday fabric. At that point Abby was in the planning stages -- we knew that we wanted to start trying for a second child soon and buying the fabric for that second child made her just a bit more real than a thought in our heads. Good thing I bought it because a month and a half later we found out that she was on her way! It is such a blessing to have her here for this Christmas, to have just one more member of our family to celebrate with. Making her stocking also made me think about how when I made Hannah's two years ago, I cut out some extra pieces, pieces that I wouldn't need till the next stocking. Today, I did the same thing, cutting out an extra piece. Now I know I don't plan on making a stocking next year (or the next!), but it was neat to do a little part of a future child's stocking.
I must add that it was also very nice to have a whole morning to myself to do something fun, without any girls under foot, while Kevin took them out. I haven't done that since Abby was born because of his hetetic schedule, but maybe, just maybe, now that it is break time, I will have a bit of time to myself. We'll see!
I must add that it was also very nice to have a whole morning to myself to do something fun, without any girls under foot, while Kevin took them out. I haven't done that since Abby was born because of his hetetic schedule, but maybe, just maybe, now that it is break time, I will have a bit of time to myself. We'll see!



2 comments:
How fun!! You really should update as often as possible. Even though you just live downstairs, it will still be fun to read what you have to say!! Harrison and Edith have blogs also, their links are on my page! Also, if you go to pyzam.com you can find some fun layouts.
I think its awesome you're "blogging".. I can keep more up to date about you guys! :-)
Happy Holidays!
Melissa Barnett
Post a Comment