Hannah Quote of the Moment

"Do cats wear collars? Maybe they don't need collars because they won't run away because they are smart."

Abby Quote of the Moment

"I will be the mom. But who will be the dad? I think I will wear mom's wedding dress."

Monday, May 26, 2008

There will be tears...

We are getting close to the end. Wednesday the packers come, Thursday the movers come, Friday we leave. We have had a test run at saying good bye because some good friends have gone on vacation and won't return till we are gone. Kevin keeps saying that I am projecting my feelings onto Hannah, but I still maintain that she is going to be one sad little girl when she realizes that all her friends, all she know, has stayed in New Jersey while she moved to Washington. I'm sad for her just thinking about it.


For her last time when Hans, they decided to learn the cha cha (seriously!). It resulted in the following pictures and a lot of wet eyes from the parents.





We decided that after all their time together for the last three years, that Hannah and Kennan would have a photo shoot, something to give them a tangible thing to take with them. The kids were great and just for fun, we threw Abby and Brayden into the photo shoot, which Abby loved but Brayden could have done without....


Now, Hannah won't be the only one crying... I'm sure I will (I might even admit that I've already started...). Last Friday we did a "one last" hurrah and went out to brunch with some of my good Princeton friends, Michelle (Hans' mom), Karin (Katie's mom who we helped celebrate her coming baby boy) and Jennifer (Kennan's mom). I've stayed sane the last three years in large part to these three women (and some others who weren't there for the photo shoot). Life won't be the same for me without them to depend on.

3 comments:

Laurie M. Lee said...

We remember how hard it is to say goodbye! We'll be praying for your move. You will wake up in 9 months and think, "what in the world happened?"

Anonymous said...

We will miss you very much. I'm glad you are moving close to my relatives so that hopefully we will see you again.

Anonymous said...

the pictures of the kiddos are gorgeous. it looks like they had fun together: )