Hannah leaving playgroup, carrying the present
Later on, after dinner at "the coffee shop" (i.e. Fusion Cafe, one of our favorite places to eat in town) where Hannah ordered her favorite, mac and cheese, she got to open some presents. Please don't notice the Christmas-y wrapping paper, someone's parents are too lazy to buy special birthday wrapping paper.
My grown up girl
Yep, leftover carrot muffins/cupcakes
Making a wish
It seems that Hannah really is embarking on this whole big kid journey. I sometimes still think of her as toddler, when, in fact, she is very much a preschooler. She is, of course, the smartest, cutest, most energetic, most frustrating and most articulate preschooler I know (those of other preschoolers might rightful debate this point with me). She entertains us endlessly and pushes my capacity of patience to the limit. We are so blessed to have her and wonder where the time went.
Here she is on her first birthday
****
Just wondering, do any of you have your child do "thank you" notes for their birthday, and, if so, how do you have a young child participate in the activity instead of just the mom doing all the work?



5 comments:
Yeah Hannah!
Cute pictures but I am shocked at the wrapping paper!
Katie did thank you's to some people. She wrote "love Katie" on the note after I wrote it. Seemed to work well.
So cute. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH!! Sorry we didn't get to serenade her over the phone on the actual day. Would love to call sometime...actually do you all have a camera on your computer for i-chat?? ahhh thank you notes. hummm....i usually just write and address and let hans decorate and write his name...sometimes the notes arrive several years late though....
She looks so old!! I cannot believe they are 4 years old! I have always written the thank you notes, but I guess this is the first year that they can "help". I would say signing her name and decorating are good contributions at this age!
I agree with Jennifer. Hannah looks so old and her hair looks so much longer to me. We did thank notes as well. But since Evan had a pretty big party, I only made him sign his name. We had 17 cards to write and that would have taken him forever.
Another household where there are two votes that Hannah looks so old. I've had Edith decorate (i.e. scribble/color on) thank-you notes I've written in the past; she started including her name recently.
Post a Comment