Today we had the pleasure of going to a church that was not our own, sitting in the back row and just relaxing. It was a wonderful experience, one I don't think we have taken enough advantage of on Kevin's Sundays off. The church we went to was over an hour away (I would boast about the fact of knowing no one, but actually Kevin knows one family there who went to the church he went to growing up and some random Presbytery guy came up to him at the end and said hello--not the pastor, just some else visiting?) and it was good for me to be put in the position of awkward visitor, one I do not enjoy and thankfully almost never have to do.
It also put the girls in an awkward visitor position, with new Sunday school/nursery classes. Both girls at first demurred, but Hannah just had to walk into the sanctuary to change her mind and go willingly to the Sunday School class, which was age specific to 4-5 years old. Abby tried to change her mind, but on hearing that Hannah wouldn't be there flatly refused. I hadn't thought of the ramifications of Abby always doing church time with Hannah. This year she has even done Sunday School with Hannah because the teacher is sweet and loves Abby and refuses to make her cry by separating them. So, our relaxing church experience found us with Abby wedged between us, for the most part quietly eating goldfish.
At one point though, in the middle of the sermon, Abby (who was actively listening), turned to Kevin and I and staged whispered, "Jesus! I know Jesus from our church!" When Kevin and I looked bugged eyed at each other and tried to comment, she imperiously hissed "shhhh!!" So, I guess Abby now knows that other churches know that secret about Jesus. Her Sunday School teacher will be proud.
****
Our adoption profiles are done and ready to be mailed to the agency tomorrow. Basically what that means is that as soon as we say "go" (and I think we are going to wait another 2 weeks till our homestudy is done), our profiles will start being mailed out to expectant women looking for a family to place their baby with. Honestly, the next stage could take just a few months or over a year. It is the part that freaks me out because of the unknown timing (I keep telling myself that this is such a good growing experience--somewhere God is saying "now let's see how Alisa does with trusting!"). We are super excited to be entering this phase of the adoption and pray it goes smoothly. Now, if my nerves can just survive the homestudy on the 24th of this month...
Why Is It Important to Travel in Your Own Country
3 months ago



3 comments:
Oh I miss seeing Abby grow up.
Home study should be a piece of cake.
You are an amazing family and your home holds so much love. Sometimes the love is firmer than other times, but I am sure they are looking for that too! Speaking of cake, just make them one of yours and they will want you to adopt them.
Tom and I love Abby's comment. That has to make it into a sermon at some point.
That is SO hilarious! She is a quick one! And the adoption process has gone so fast for you guys it seems. Congrats...I'm excited to hear as God adds to your family. :)
Post a Comment