One of those posts where the pictures do all the talking...
Ready for the Christmas Eve service.
Abby was in rare form

But here is the cute smiley girl!

Hannah was more than happy to pose for a picture in her "sparkly" dress

(now, weren't those pictures worth me being late for the service? okay, maybe not, but at least I was late for a reason-sorta..)
Christmas morning
I didn't pull my camera out much for the present opening really-I wanted to be more in the moment then recording the moment. However, I did get a few good shots.
Hannah *loving* her Santa gift-a Pillow Pet! It is the first gift she has ever wanted based on commercial (PBS kids is the only station the girls watch and they don't have much for commercials, but they do have some. at least she didn't ask for the "My Baby Can Read" set!). Later on she reminded me it was machine washable... :)

Abby loved her Pillow Pet too, but honestly had the most fun playing with the poppers that wrapped up Kevin's and mine new dishes (fun! after 8 1/2 years we are replacing our college $20 Target set! so excited!)

I did capture this moment of Abby enjoying her modeling beeswax. She was intent on making a house.

Hannah and her "new to her" American Girl Doll, Molly. Molly was mine when I was a child but I didn't play with her all that much--much to Hannah's benefit! Hannah is thrilled and my mom who was visiting said that Molly has already been played with more by Hannah then I ever did.

Happy Girls!

Our Christmas Day did have a more... interesting... aspect, but I'll be sharing that later.
4 comments:
Look like happy girls! I am feeling very old reading that you are young enough to have had an American Girl Doll when you were young, A. ...But how fortunate now! I think E. was the only girl who didn't carry an American Girl doll up to the front for the children's sermon today--fortunately, she is perfectly happy with her toy dragon for the time being, but when she gets on the bandwagon...yeow!
G-I was older when I got it, I was at least old enough to read and enjoy the books independently and they were brand new then. I'm guessing 4th grade... which now days seems a little too old for them, which is sad. I've got my books to share with Hannah as soon as she can read them.
Great pictures! We got pillow pets also and Brayden really wanted an American Girl Doll, but that didn't happen. Miss you guys! Don't leave us hanging for too long on your interesting story!!!
Fun- I had Samantha as a kid- and I always thought I would give it to my daughter. I told her she had to wait until she was a little older. I did give her my old Barbie Convertible and I have a Barbie bed, pool set, puppy, and bicycle I can pass to her someday. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I look forward to hearing more news...
Post a Comment