Hannah Quote of the Moment

"Do cats wear collars? Maybe they don't need collars because they won't run away because they are smart."

Abby Quote of the Moment

"I will be the mom. But who will be the dad? I think I will wear mom's wedding dress."

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A passing

On Monday, Kevin's maternal grandmother passed away. His Grandma May had been a huge figure in his life -- caring for him throughout his childhood (she lived next door), nurturing his faith as he grew. We were given the huge blessing of being with his family in Vancouver when this happened, having spent time with his grandmother the previous two days. Grandma May was 89 years old, had lived a long and full life and was firm in her faith. We rejoice that she is now with Jesus, in no more pain, although must admit that we will miss her greatly.



Her funeral is this coming Tuesday, two days after Kevin's ordination.

The girls with Grandma May this past January

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss of an important person in your life.

Brenda