Hannah Quote of the Moment

"Do cats wear collars? Maybe they don't need collars because they won't run away because they are smart."

Abby Quote of the Moment

"I will be the mom. But who will be the dad? I think I will wear mom's wedding dress."

Friday, June 6, 2008

Sad news

Today, our kitty Sylvester died. He was staying in California, waiting for our arrival, when he got an infection in his bladder (I'm not sure what the technical term is, but something was blocked). It was one of those things where you can't really tell anything is wrong until it is too late. He went into the vet this morning, but by this evening we heard the sad news. They say the travel and stress probably didn't help, but chances are this would have happened anyways. So, as we near the end of our road trip, and try to explain about Sylvester to Hannah, we are all very sad inside that there will be one less of us to move into our new home.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Lind Family,

I am so very sorry about Sylvester! He was a beautiful kitty and my heart goes out to all of you. This is the downside of having pets. But the time we can share with them is worth the sadness and grief when they go "home". I'm not sure if my animals will meet me when I die, but I like to think so or I "don't want to go there"... I don't care how wonderful heaven might be. Sorry, Kevin... don't know what the Christian faith teaches about this? Maybe you can inform me?

Much love,
Suzanne, Simon & the rest of my furry & feathered family.

jennifer said...

We are so sad to hear the news about Sylvester. We will be thinking of you as you near the end of the trip and move into the home without him. He was a good kitty (even though he made me sneeze!!).

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry to hear the sad news! what a shock that will be for little hannah. he was such a friendly little guy (maybe not so little....). i'm sure he will be missed dearly!