Yesterday Hannah's preschool class went on their first field trip. This will be a regular occurrence -- the teacher's goal is one a month. For the first one the kids went old school -- to a farm for apple picking (and cider making). Very appropriate as we now live in the apple state (and are about 1 hour from the start of the apple kingdom -- otherwise known as the Wenatchee Valley, the followed by the Yakima Valley). I got to tag along on the field trip, which was great fun -- really, 3 year olds don't describe their day very well so if you want to know what happened, go with them!

First the farmer (who runs our area's only real fruit stand) talked to the kids about apple trees, how the grow, how you take care of them, etc. I learned, I think Hannah played with grass. Then the kids got to pick apples. Took Hannah three tries -- first one dropped on the ground (a no-no), second one had a big worm hole, which upset her (and which she just learned about), third one was a beaut!
Then to the apple cider making! So, apple cider is basically ground up apple pulp that is then squeezed all the juice out of. That simple. Saw it happen.
Here are the apples going up the conveyor belt into the grinder 
Hannah thought the grinder was loud
So did most of the other kids



3 comments:
I laughed so hard when I saw abby's face. that is great, just great!!!
I love your stories...so precious. I still miss comparing notes on our girls. They are so great!
Hey, now you have a new family member reading the blog! Everytime I talk to Kara, she tells me about what is on the blog. I found that it is one of the websites that I can actually access at work--so now I can check it out for myself! So now Hannah and Abby have another aunt hearing all the cute stories about them, thank you for sharing!!!
Love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment