Hannah Quote of the Moment

"Do cats wear collars? Maybe they don't need collars because they won't run away because they are smart."

Abby Quote of the Moment

"I will be the mom. But who will be the dad? I think I will wear mom's wedding dress."

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A request and some sites/articles of interest

Well, I'll start out with the request. Kevin last night at session volunteered me to be in charge of the church's new newsletter (I did one time make the off handed remark that I would help...). I'm good with that -- it is a project I can do, but I am wondering how to design it. I have just a few examples to draw on and was wondering if you, blog readers, who come from many different churches all over the country, could help me out. Could you mail me your church's newsletter? If you need my address, post a comment and I'll email it to you (well, I'm assuming that everyone who reads this I have their email address... if I don't, please leave it). Thanks so much!

Okay, first off on the article of interest. A new study on the safety of booster seats was just released (and found at least 13 to be no good!!). This was interesting to me because Kevin and I have toyed with the idea of buying Hannah a booster seat for a second car (this came about as we were stuck yesterday as Kevin drove Hannah to school but I picked her up -- Abby and I spent an extra 15 minutes picking up Hannah's seat first). I was looking into it because booster seats are so much cheaper than the type of car seats we buy (Britax) and Hannah can do them independently -- although she did just figure out how to buckle herself 100% into her car seat (HIP HIP HOORAY!). Anyways, after reading the report, and a subsequent interview with Britax people, I think we are not going the way of booster seats. So, check it out -- very interesting.

Second: just for mothers of girls (or grandmothers -- hint hint!). New website I just found while searching for butterfly wings for Hannah's Halloween costume. Called Heart to Heart and it is so stinkin' cute! All butterflies and flowers -- which is exactly my decorating style for the girls. Wonderful site, cute products and fairly reasonably priced. Kevin says that if we ever get Hannah's room all the way set up, we can look at it together and talk shop, till then, I can buy the wings...

4 comments:

jennifer said...

Good luck with the newsletter! Our church does one and there is a link to it on the church's webpage www.pampapcusa.org (on the bottom of the page toward the right). It is pretty plain and is done by a lady in the church.

Thanks for the links!

mhartman47 said...

Alisa,
My church newsletter is online. The link is below:
http://fpchanford.com/newsletter.html
Good luck my friend

Novenson said...

I have been researching the booster thing too. I have come to the conclusion to keep Hans in a five point harness for a while longer but still don't know what to get since he is soon to be out of the roundabout. I was thinking frontier or nautilus by graco. Thanks for this article you find the most helpful stuff!

Sarah said...

We still get an electronic newsletter from a church we went to in Washington State. The newsletter is geared toward a large audience and is pretty informal. Hope it helps.
http://www.bethel-church.org/newsletter/2008-10.pdf