Hannah Quote of the Moment

"Do cats wear collars? Maybe they don't need collars because they won't run away because they are smart."

Abby Quote of the Moment

"I will be the mom. But who will be the dad? I think I will wear mom's wedding dress."

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ballerina

Our family has a new ballerina in it. Today, Hannah started dance class, which she was so excited about that she was basically jumping off the walls. I'm impressed that our area even has a dance class -- there is very limited opportunity for anything of that sort. Of course, the dance studio that teaches the class drives in once a week from Spokane and meets in the elementary school gym, but hey, at least they come! And come spring we will have a real recital to go to!

Hannah class, the 3/4 year old class, has 11 other little dancers in it, all of who showed up today in their tutus and leotards. They will spend this year "learning" (I feel like that word should be used very loosely) both ballet and tap. Hannah is pretty stoked about her "noisy shoes."

Must admit, today was one of those days were you just really enjoy all things girly and relish having a daughter.

****
Kevin also made the local paper in an engrossing article about the town's new pastor. Was slightly surprised to learn that my husband is fascinated about outer space, but hey, Kevin was surprised to learn that too when he read the article. Also, PTS is just too confusing for people -- let's all admit, explaining that Princeton Theological Seminary is not part of Princeton University (although it used to be) just befuddles people. The writer was correct on Kevin's graduate schooling half the time.

****
If you want to hear about another pastor in the news, our former pastor, the Rev. Tim Harrison, of Clinton, NJ made the New York news for his sleuthing abilities. Pretty funny story. Kevin is bummed that he missed out on such a great field ed opportunity. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, yeah that was an interesting article....who knew Whit-Worth was spelt that way and its an interesting writing style.

jennifer said...

I can't believe how grown up Hannah looks in her ballerina outfit! Absolutely adorable!! I read the article too...pretty funny!!

Cari said...

life in a small town will never be boring! (i know!)