Hannah Quote of the Moment

"Do cats wear collars? Maybe they don't need collars because they won't run away because they are smart."

Abby Quote of the Moment

"I will be the mom. But who will be the dad? I think I will wear mom's wedding dress."

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

DONE! (with the roof)

Our house is finally weather proofed. It can now rain (or, in a month or so, snow) and we will hopefully be warm, cozy and dry inside. The roof was in the type of shape that it should have been replaced a couple of years ago but wasn't, which meant curling shingles (do you call asphalt roofs shingles? or is that just for wood ones? either way, it was curling in a most unbecoming fashion). Although it was one of the most important jobs that we had to do on the house, we put it off till the weather was cooler (for some reason, the boys didn't think it would be a good idea to be up there in 90 degree heat). This past weekend proved perfect for it -- slightly cool most days, only getting warm yesterday (when they just worked a half-day). Kevin and Ed are now walking (and complaining) like old men, but the job is done and looks fantastic!

Here's what we had....Close-up on the new roof (they say the color is black, but I think it is more of a charcoal)A blended mocha break (can't call it a coffee break)
Hannah finally does what she has been dying to do -- climb a ladder and get up on the roof. She scaled that ladder awfully fast!She loved walking around up there (and I didn't flip out too much....)

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Looking good! We miss you guys...it was great to talk to you the other day!