As many of you know, Abby started walking shortly before Thanksgiving. At the time, we thought in a few short weeks she would be walking all over the place, after all, that is how Hannah did it. However, Abby is not Hannah (a point she likes to make repeatedly to us). So, although Abby could walk since mid-November, she decided not to really walk (without massive amounts of encouragement and between two set objects, Daddy and Mommy) till the end of December. I'm guessing it has something to do with motivation, a healthy level of caution (a word still not in Hannah's vocabulary) and total satisfaction with crawling.
While in California visiting my family, Abby decided that it was time to make the leap and start walking. Now, crawling is what you do if you happen to fall down far from anything to pull yourself up on (she can stand up on her own, she just chooses not to for the most part...not sure why).
I've gotten lots of comments on how it must be harder, with two kids walking in the opposite direction. I don't think so-I've found a good solution: send one (either one) after the other. Must say, works like a charm!



3 comments:
Wow!!! Look at all her teeth. Poor Anna only has two teeth on the bottom and finally has three coming in on the top but they aren't quite in yet.
The pictures of Abby are so cute and she looks so grown up. I love it. Wish I could see her in person. And all of the rest of you of course.
Yeah Abby!! Good luck keeping up with them!
Go, Abby, go! The top picture is the first time I've thought she resembles Hannah.
Post a Comment