Hannah Quote of the Moment

"Do cats wear collars? Maybe they don't need collars because they won't run away because they are smart."

Abby Quote of the Moment

"I will be the mom. But who will be the dad? I think I will wear mom's wedding dress."

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Trying something...


No, this is not a last post re-do. What is different about that top picture? (Post a comment and tell me the biggest change).

I recently started teaching an after school digital photography class at the high school. As many of you know, I like taking cute pictures of my kids (well, I love having cute pictures of my kids, and I try to steal my friends' memory cards so that I can download the pictures they take!) but I'm no photography expert, or even seasoned amateur. I rely too much on wiser ones, like Michelle, Jennifer and Adam, to tell me what to do. They are, sadly, far away so I am trying to immerse myself in this and learn something. My goal-figure out how to do photo editing enough to not embarrass myself in front of a bunch of high schoolers on Monday. Not sure I'll make it. However, here are two attempts. The top picture was featured in the last post and below is the same picture, one edited, one not (finally took out Hannah forehead scar!)


The above picture leads me to a couple more pictures. Our great friends, the Johnsons, who currently reside in Chicago, were visiting family in the northwest a few weeks ago and we were able to meet up at a Starbucks by the Spokane airport. We had hoped for a much longer visit, but Hannah decided to come down with some random illness that had her spiking fevers... oh well. At least we got to see them!

Hannah and Reuben proving that Starbucks is NOT a good place for a playdate--they pushed each other all over the place in the high chair!

Eating some of Katrina's yummy gingerbread cookies!


***
By the way, the photo editing program that the high school uses is available online at gimp.org (seriously, best name they could think of?). Anyone can download it for free (I know you mac users could care less, but it is a step up from what my computer can do on it's own).

3 comments:

jennifer said...

Trash can is gone!

Glad you got to see the Johnson's! Cute pictures!

Novenson said...

awww....johnson visit...how fun! way to go on the photography...it really is a learn by doing thing...you will do great...let me know any good tips you learn. m

Anonymous said...

Hi there! That Abby is a cutie patutie! Don't worry about not knowing exactly what you're doing in the photo class -- just keep one step ahead of them. If Jonathan can teach Western Civ. 1 & 2 (last semester), his only training for which was Church History in Seminary, you can do this! Good to see you all are doing well.