In past posts I would comment on how great she is, but just not super in the sleep department. Well, not anymore! Abby does fabulous sleep wise now. She will sleep 11 to 12 hours straight, every night, plus take two good naps during the day. Getting her own bedroom made a world of difference for her. I slowly feel like I am turning into a normal human being again-getting sleep does that.
Funny Abby quirk. She knows how to cry dramatically. I blame Katie Tucker (one of Hannah's good buddies) for this. Just like Katie, Abby will, while crying, bury her head in her hands or, if on belly, collapse on the floor to cry. I laughed when I saw Katie doing it, I keep laughing when Abby does it. I thought this was something that would come later on, but it is hilarious when a 9 month old does it. Must admit, Abby is pretty effective with her tears-I laugh, then I pick her up. I'm a sucker.
On the Abby news front, this Sunday she is getting baptized. We had held off on doing this till we were settled in a church that would be Abby's home church. We are very excited to share this event with our new church and our family that is coming in from out of town for Kevin's installation and her baptism. I'm pretty excited that her daddy will be baptising her.
This is an exciting time to witness--Abby is getting to the point where she'll be discovering new things fast and learning new skills even faster. Maybe not crawling, but first words are just around the corner (if not here). She knows how to use the "da da da" and "ma ma ma" for dramatic effect and has experimented with "hi" and "bye", although not in a way that I would call it a first word. Hannah is also trying hard to teach Abby how to say "Hannah." So, stay tuned--Abigail Fern is learning all sorts of things and they will be reported here first.



1 comment:
Funny and true! Sorry for that one!
-Karin
Post a Comment