Hannah Quote of the Moment

"Do cats wear collars? Maybe they don't need collars because they won't run away because they are smart."

Abby Quote of the Moment

"I will be the mom. But who will be the dad? I think I will wear mom's wedding dress."

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Abby's baptism

Well, I'll try to make this heavy on the pictures, light on the words to make up for my wordy last post.

Abby was baptised this past Sunday. It was a very special event and marked Kevin's first baptism.
Prior to the baptism, Abby was all ears for Daddy's sermon (okay, so this was before sermon...) while sitting on Auntie Julie's lap.

Although this picture doesn't really tell it quite fully, Hannah was in full out breakdown mode...

She did, though, enjoy "helping" baptize Abby (we didn't tell her it will take an M.Div and a ton of work to get to the point where you can actually baptize someone)

Can you get any cooler than this?

She seemed pretty pleased with herself (or just the massive amounts of attention she was getting)

The whole family (so, the church has some funky light issues... I tried different things to no avail... I need to figure out how to manually turn off my flash -- any ideas? I'm got a Canon digital Rebel)

Cutie pie!

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wonderful, exciting, delightful! I love the family picture. All the girls have "halos" of light on them and the minister doesn't. Kevin, what is the message here? Go girls!!!

Love,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute pictures. Where did you get that dress for Abby. So pretty. We miss you guys.

The Kaemingk's said...

Ohhh, how wonderful. I always cry at baptisms. I'm glad I wasn't there because I would have fallen apart watching Kevin being able to baptize Abby! Very special. And she looks so cute!!!

Cari said...

how special for kevin to be able baptize abby. she looks so beautiful (as does hannah!) you can tell she is enjoying being the center of attention! congratulations!

Anonymous said...

She is a beauty.
I am glad it all went well.

jennifer said...

What a special moment! I love the picture of Abby watching Kevin from the pew!

Novenson said...

so sweet! to take a pic with no flash put your camera on P and then push your actual flash down. to force flash you put your camera on the same P setting and make sure your flash is up.

Jon said...

Very cool! I think the BO says "without undue haste or undue delay." It's very cool Kevin was able to do it. We'll probably have Sam baptized in Sept or Oct in our home church.

GEB said...

She looks beautiful. Congratulations!