Today Hannah and I attended an Easter event put on by Princeton Seminary's Library -- it was basically a time of spring crafts, wild play, an Easter story, an egg hunt, and, of course, cupcakes. We had a blast. Many of Hannah's friends from school and play group were there, which meant even more fun. It was also one of the rare times that Hannah and I have gone out together since Abby's birth. We decided to
capitalize on that and make a date of it, including a trip to "the lunch place" (Hannah's name for Panera, our favorite sandwich shop) after the cupcakes. I had a wonderful day, enjoying my oldest daughter's company and Hannah came home with a booty of crafts and Easter egg treats.
She took her craft time seriously -- painstakingly gluing, sticking and cutting. 
Here she takes time out of butterfly creating to smile
Looking for Easter eggs under a library table
Look how well all the children are seating--I don't know how that happened!
While Hannah and I were having fun at the library event, Kevin and Abby had some quality time at home. Kevin's time with Abby is usually either with both girls (giving me a break), trading on and off if she is fussy, or just all of us together. It is very different then his time with Hannah was, which had lots of hanging out time, including the two weeks I went back to work. He really enjoyed being with Abby today and we both ended the day saying that we need to make this a regular thing - one parent and one girl dates need to become the monthly habit. Now, if only we could squeeze in two parents, no girls dates....



1 comment:
The two parents no girls date can come when you move to WA. Karl can be your monthly babysitter. LOL.
Post a Comment