Kevin had an insanely busy week it seemed. That, of course, made my week seem more full. He organized a Maundy Thursday service up on campus that went well. Through this whole week, when he was so busy, I kept thinking -- what will next year be like? I know that Holy Week is one of those weeks where pastors work overtime...
Abby has enjoyed eating rice cereal. Last night we had to do seconds. She is a good eater, as long as you don't distract her and make her smile. Today she sat up by herself for 30 seconds before tumbling over (don't worry Grandmas, I was there to make sure she was fine!). It is funny, Hannah was totally not sitting up by herself at this point, but she was rolling. Abby is just way to content to be on her back. We have had some bad nights with Abby sleeping, it seems to be a fairly common thing. She is a wonderful kid, but man, we wish she would sleep better! Whenever we have a good night (like last night) we wake incredible grateful, and fearful that tomorrow will not bring the same.
Speaking of Easter, tomorrow will find us eating creamed eggs for breakfast (my favorite Easter breakfast), dressing up in our new dresses/suit (can I just confess that Easter dress shopping is the coolest part of being a mom of daughters? Abby's dress was totally bought a month and half ago...) and heading to church. We later have a community Easter Egg hunt and a dinner with friends. Somewhere in here, between the new clothes and good food, we will make sure that we remember what Easter is really about. We will make sure that we talk to Hannah about how that cute baby Jesus she loves to sing songs about, that he was more than just a baby, but God, and that he didn't stay just a baby, but grew up into a man and that as a man he died so that she could really see heaven, just like she is always asking to do. I doubt she'll get it this year, but I hope that a seed will be planted and that her knowledge of Jesus will increase and become more complete. Really, I think that is a prayer we could all benefit from -- that through this Easter holiday, our knowledge of Jesus will increase and become more complete.



No comments:
Post a Comment