Well, I've run into some technical difficulties, which is why my blog has been silent the last few days. I actually have a pre-written post, ready to go, on Abby, which I wrote the day before I was going to post it (waiting on taking some pictures of the cute girl), but, my super cool, gotta have, wireless keyboard on our new computer is not working. Ugh. So, no keyboard, no using the computer (although, I must admit, the mouse was working so I was surfing the web for a day or so on it, until the computer was shut down and I realized that I needed to type in a password to log back on). I will still say that the wireless keyboard and mouse are amazing (I hate computer wires!), but only when they work. However, help in on the way and the new super cool, gotta have wireless keyboard is in the mail. So, once it is here, a "new" post on Abby will magically appear. Until then...
I'll do a brief update on life.
We have settled back into a kind of routine since our trip out West. Hannah is sleeping up a storm lately, making up for the complete lack of sleep on our trip. We are also getting her back on track with being potty trained -- traveling messes her up. Another thing we are working on is gentle touch with baby sister. Hannah loves Abby, Hannah is excited about Abby, Hannah doesn't always tone it down when dealing with Abby like she should, sometimes Abby cries due to "excessive" loving. I'm frustrated because I don't know how to make Hannah understand that she needs to tone it down. Hannah has had some quality time on time out in an attempt to make her see the light. Hopefully it will pay off. Speaking of frustrated, Hannah often times gets all worked up when put on time out and in an effort to help her deal with this, I've coached her to say "Mommy I'm frustrated with you," instead of swinging her arms wildly and in my direction. It is working --- most of the time.
Abby is working on the whole sleep thing. The simple truth is that she is not the sleeper that Hannah was-it is hard to admit, frustrating to deal with (at 2 am), but true. We are working on it. She is currently taking a nap and has been asleep for over an hour! That is a big deal because most of the time she takes these little wimpy 45 minute naps. We are also admitting that she is getting older as we have now put the bassinet down in storage and moved Abby to a pack-n-play. Kevin refuses to put together the crib till reading week (next week) when he has a break. Abby is doing much better now that she has some room to squirm around in. We also brought up the jumperoo, a wonderful invention that combines what my mom calls a "johnny jump up" (old school doorway jumper) with an
exersaucer. The jumperoo kept Hannah alive and me sane during Hannah's baby days. I have a cute picture of Abby enjoying the jumperoo today, but, do not know how to download pictures on the new camera onto the old computer (which is what I am using to do this post). So, again, when the new computer is up and working again, pictures of Abby will also magically appear. This is a picture of Hannah in the jumperoo at 23 weeks old -- Abby is currently 20 weeks old.
exersaucer. The jumperoo kept Hannah alive and me sane during Hannah's baby days. I have a cute picture of Abby enjoying the jumperoo today, but, do not know how to download pictures on the new camera onto the old computer (which is what I am using to do this post). So, again, when the new computer is up and working again, pictures of Abby will also magically appear. This is a picture of Hannah in the jumperoo at 23 weeks old -- Abby is currently 20 weeks old. Well, I have a quote of the day. I'll leave you with this little pearl of wisdom: "Hannah, we do NOT put hummus on our feet!"



3 comments:
Can't wait to see the picture of Abby to compare! Heather and Matt took the picture...they came along a the perfect time! I find it humorous that we are talking through this when you live right downstairs!! Good practice for when we move, huh?? Don't want to start thinking about that...
Amazing to look at that picture and realize how much these kiddos have grown in the time we've been in CRW. I feel like it has been just a short blip on the radar, but seeing wee Hannah makes me realize just how much time has passed.
Is it Hananh's voice that makes Abby cry? A family I worked with had a voice for each family member. They told their todler that the younger sibling couldnt understand them when they used a big voice and would have to use a small voice in order for the younger sibling to understand. It worked for them, but it just depends on the kid.
Kara
Post a Comment